Monday, July 11, 2011

Products I Love: Pumpkin Ravioli


Remember when I made these?  They were an attempt to use up ingredients that I had around the house.  I was able to use up two apples, some of my Splenda stockpile and the rest of my egg whites but because the recipe only called for one cup of pumpkin puree I was left with half of the can.  What to do?  Keep inventing!


I love pumpkin, it is one of my favorite flavors year round even if it typically is showcased in the fall.  The best part about pumpkin?  It can be made into savory dishes or sweet treats.

Left with 1 cup of pumpkin I took a look at what else I had in my fridge that I wanted to use up.  What did I find?  Some wanton wrappers and ricotta.



Did you know that making your own ravioli is super easy with a few simple ingredients?

I started my mixing my one cup of pumpkin with my leftover ricotta, it was about a 1:1 ratio.  I added a few packets of Mrs. Dash and stirred it all together. 



Next I took out my wonton wrappers, put a small scoop of filling in the middle, folded the wrapper over and sealed the seam with a little water.  Done!  It is just that easy!



Rather than mess with sauce I ended up making them appetizer style by spritzing with a little oil and putting them in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, yum!

The only problem? 


Leftover pumpkin ricotta mixture...  Now what?  Check back in a few days to see how I used it up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. your blog is really good, very Help ful for all. Thanks for sharing this
    Kindly visit my blog also

    Herbal Extract Manufacturers in India

    ReplyDelete