Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Dinner Party: Vegetarian

So let's review... 

First I made these


And I was left with 1/2 a can of this


So I combined it with ricotta and made these


But was left with this




What to do with leftover pumpkin ricotta?


While rummaging through my fridge and cabinets I found some spinach, mushrooms, flat noodles and a box of vegetarian sloppy joe mix and got the idea to make a meat-free lasagna.  The only problem was that I didn't have any pasta sauce.  I did however have some hummus and salsa which when combined together makes a deliciously creamy spicy red sauce.

I chopped my veggies, prepared the vegetarian sloppy joe mix, made my red sauce (see above) and cooked the noodles.


Into the pan went a few tablespoons of sauce and then 1.5 noodles cut to fit


Next came the ricotta/pumpkin mixture


More sauce


Veggies: Spinach, portabello mushrooms and chopped tomatoes


And lastly the fake ground meat mixture


Repeat until all ingredients are used up and then topped with cheese.  I happened to have monterrey jack cheese so that's what I used.


Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment