Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipes- Almost Sugar-Free Apple Pumpkin Muffins




This evening I opened my fridge and realised that I really needed to go grocery shopping.  I also realised that I have a lot of odds in ends in my kitchen that should probably be used soon.  What to do... Venture back out to the store?  No.  Make up a recipe to use up what I have?  Yes!

 So sometimes my own little version of Door Knock Dinners is for an actual dinner, other times, like this particular evening it is for whatever I can make with what I have on hand, which in this case was very minimal.

Almost Sugar-Free Apple Pumpkin Muffins (Adapted from Epicurious.com based on what I had)

Mix together:

2 cups Splenda
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable
1/2 cup egg whites or egg substitute
1 cup chopped peeled cored apples
Add in:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

Stir until combined.  Scoop into lined muffin cups.

Combine: (I used my food processor to form crumbles)

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter

And sprinkle on the muffins.  Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!



Image from: http://sherrihaab.wordpress.com/  (Because my camera was out of batteries, but I assume you they look very similar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment