Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random Things That I Have In My Kitchen- A cupcake maker Part 2

Remember when I made mini meat loaves in my cupcake maker?  They turned out great so I have continued to try new bite-size recipes.  I love corn dogs, but unless it's Sunday Funday I stay away from them because they are high in fat and usually fried.  Could there be an everyday nutrition solution?  You bet!

 I started with turkey hot dogs and a corn bread mix.


I made the cornbread according to the instructions


 Filled the cupcake maker with the mixture, a little over 1/2 full.


Add 1 inch sections of turkey dog to each cup.


Add a little batter to the top and close the lid to bake


Voila!  Mini bite-size turkey corndogs that are baked and not fried!


The best part?  The recipe makes a lot so put the extras into a ziplock bag and freeze for a quick and easy re-heatable meal!


Don't have a cupcake maker?  This same recipe can be done in a mini muffin pan and baked in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment