Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Random Things That I Have In My Kitchen- A cupcake maker



I have to admit, I bought a mini cupcake maker.  It wasn't intentional, I often laughed at them since making cupcakes using muffin tins is super easy and I wondered why anyone would waste their money on such a silly little machine.  Then one day in the midst of a giant after Christmas sale I found one on clearance for $5.  Altough I saw it as something that I didn't need, for $5 I couldn't pass up the latest trend. 


Yes, I have made my share of cute tiny little cupcakes


But to justify my purchase I have tried to think outside of the box and have been using it for other things as well.

I started by making turkey meatloaf.

1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg
2 tablespoons ketchup, chili sauce, salsa or tomato sauce or paste

1/2 cup bread crumbs

I then made it into balls similar to meat loaf and put them in the cupcake maker


They took about 8 minutes to cook and made cute tiny little meatloaves! 

Paired with some corn or the vegetable of your choice and it makes a great quick meal!

2 comments:

  1. I was introduced to your blog through Linkedin. Yes, I too would have got tempted with such a bargain!! I like it that you are experimenting and making other dishes too in the cup cake mixer. I think mince pies or apple pies would also work.

    Mina

    http:www.givemesomespice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mina! Check back later this week for another "out of the box cupcake maker idea".

    Thanks also for sharing your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete