Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recipes- Rum Balls




So leftover muffins made a great base to my blueberry cheesecake but left some extra crumbs.  Even though by this time I was starting to wish that I had some pumpkin muffins again I knew that it was not possible to reverse time and started looking for a quick and easy way to use up the last of my crumbs.


What to make? Rum Balls!

I mixed 1 cup of crumbs with 1/4 cup of coconut.  The only coconut I had was green, a leftover from my easter cake that was stored in the back of the freezer.



I melted 1 ounce of chocolate with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon honey.

Everything was mixed together and 1 1/2 ounces run was added.  The mixture was rolled into balls and refrigerated to firm.



The last step?  A quick dip in chocolate and then rolled in cocoa powder or powdered sugar.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment