Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Recipes- Yogurt Treats

Remember last year when Labor Day came around and the weather got really cold and then all of a sudden we were back in the 90's the following week?  Just because the calendar says we are approaching fall does not mean that we are soon to be void of warm weather days.  Moral of the story summer is not over and there is still plenty of time for summertime treats!


I am obsessed with frozen yogurt, it is delicious/nutritious, and places that allow you to "serve yourself" get an A+ in my book, such a fun concept! 

Pair frozen yogurt with an after dinner stroll through a park or neighborhood and you have yourself the perfect late summer activity.

An alternative to getting frozen yogurt?  How about freezing yogurt?  Stick with my on this one and you won't be disappointed.

Yogurt is a great snack full of protein, calcium and natural probiotics.  Sometimes I make my own and sometimes I buy it at the store.  While yummy as is from the fridge it is also quite tasty frozen!

Start with your favorite yogurt, or whatever you happen to have in your fridge.  I started with Activia Light Blueberry which has been in my fridge for awhile, probably since the last time I found a good sale. 

The yogurt went into a ziptop bag


Snip a corner and fill your popsicle molds


Freeze for a few hours and ta-da!  A frozen yogurt pop!!


No popsicle molds?  Not a problem, go for the yogurt version of Dippin' Dots!

Instead of using the ziptop bag to fill molds simple make dots on a lined cookie sheet.


Freeze and enjoy! 


You don't even need a spoon, finger food meets frozen yogurt, Everyday Nutrition style! 

Healthy, delicious and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment