Saturday, June 23, 2012

Craziest recipe I have ever tried that actually turned out really well!

 

I have to admit that thanks to my DVR I have become addicted to daytime television.


While soap operas have never been my thing cooking shows have and a relatively new show called the “Chew” turns an hour long cooking show into a daytime talk show and I really enjoy it.  For those of you who haven’t seen it I highly recommend checking it out.


This recipe really has nothing to do with the show other than it was something that they made one day and it seemed so unique that I had to try it.  I can’t really remember the exact recipe but here goes.

You start with one egg roll wrapper, add about 1/4 of a cup ricotta cheese, make a well in the center and add one egg yolk, crazy I know, but just wait!


You then brush the edges with a little water and put another egg roll wrapper on top.


To make it look pretty you then cut out a circle.  I am sure that you could also cut it with a knife into any shape that appeals to you.


Next you pan fry it for a few minutes on each side to make it crispy and golden brown.  I used a dry pan with just a little bit of cooking spray.


Then you are left with this crispy ravioli like pasta with a warm gooey ricotta center that includes a creamy egg yolk much like an over easy fried egg.


It was so delicious!  You would either serve it as is or top with a favorite marinara sauce.  Such a simple dish with only a few ingredients and minimal time to make, yet something I would have NEVER thought of!


No comments:

Post a Comment