Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A quick and easy way to perk up summer beverages



I don’t drink enough water.  I know that I should be drinking at least 8 glasses a day and I also know why it is so important yet I just don’t do it.  I can blame it on a lot of things but when it all comes down to it it is very simple, I find it boring.


While looking for an easy fix to trying to increase my water consumption I can across the simple and refreshing idea of enhancing my ice cubes.

I started by looking through my produce drawer and found a few limes, a grapefruit, a cucumber and some mint.

Since I didn’t have ice cube trays I grabbed my popsicle mold and went to work.


To some I added a combination of mint, lime and grapefruit and to others I simple added cucumber.


Next came water which caused most of the contents to float to the top.


And a few hours later I had ice cold water enhancers!


While the original idea of these uber ice cubes was to make my water taste better I realize after the fact that they could also be used in other beverages such as:

- sweetened lemon ice cubes with iced tea
- mint and lime ice cubes in a mojito
- frozen wine and fruit ice cubes in sangria
- raspberry ice cubes in a vodka lemonade

The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment