Monday, May 7, 2012

Who Doesn't Love a New Cookbook?

I love cookbooks, I have well over 200 to choose from when looking for a recipe and am always on the lookout for new ones to add to my collection. 




Several of my favorite cooking blogs have referenced  the book "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day".  I honestly don't eat much bread at home, and no, it has nothing to do with carbs.  Occasionally when I do buy bread it ends up going bad before I eat the whole loaf so I just don't buy it very often.  If only they sold half or quarter loaves...

Always looking for new culinary adventure I decided to give this book a try, I have five minutes a day, I do enjoy bread, so why not! 

A few days later I was hooked and have made the basic recipe multiple times, in fact just about anyone who has come over to my place in the last two weeks has probably tried my homemade bread.  You will not believe how easy it is! 

I first got the book from the library and then ended up buying it because I loved it so much. 

The basic recipe is very simple, involves no kneading and literal takes 5 minutes a day of actual work.  The premise is that you make a large batch (about 4 loaves worth) of dough that sits in your fridge for up to 10 days and allows you to take out a little dough at a time whenever you are ready for bread.  The part that I like the best is that you can use as much or as little as you want!  If I am having friends over for dinner I make a large loaf, if I simply want a roll to make a sandwich with I bake a small portion.

Since the majority of my recipes on this site are my own creation or adaptations from another recipe I have listed the instructions.  This recipe however was copied exactly so I can't post it but I highly recommend checking it out from your library to try yourself.  You can also check it out on Amazon, thanks to their "preview" option you can actually get the full recipe for the basic bread right online!








No comments:

Post a Comment