Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Funday: Shrimp Scampi

Get ready for a dish so indulgent it is truly worthy of Sunday Funday yet so easy it could be make any night of the week, ready, set, go!



I bought shrimp to use in a recipe during the week but didn't use it all.  Fast forward a few days and it was time to use them or toss them.  I like to be lazy on Sunday (especially a Sunday that falls after Cinco de Mayo, oh tequila we are NOT friends...) so heading to the store wasn't an option.  Luckily this quick and easy recipe was simple enough to make with what I had in my fridge.

Start with uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp.  Place in a oven safe dish, add chopped garlic and melted butter.  I made two servings which measured out to:

20 medium shrimp
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon melted butter

Into a 425 degree oven....


And 10-12 minutes later your kitchen will be filled with a deliciously buttery, garlicky aroma which signals it's time to take it out of the oven.


Serve over pasta (I used farfalle) with a nice piece of crusty bread to soak up the extra garlic butter.


YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment