Friday, May 20, 2011

Recipes- Roasted Chicken


Remember when I made mini burgers on my free jewel-stamps grill pan?  In that same promotion I also got a roasting pan but never got around to using it... until now!

I had only made a roast chicken once before, with my grandma, but we were at my parents house so I used my mom's roasting rack. 

To get started, I bought a small 4.5# chicken.  This one didn't come with the innards like some do, thank god, so it was super easy to prep.

I started by unwrapping it and putting it on my grill pan.  The picture isn't that great, but we all know what a chicken looks like right?


Next I put a stick of softened butter into a small bowl



I added seasonings.  I had a packet of this stuff...


 ... in my cabinet so I used it.  I figured it could be used on cut up chicken, why not a whole one?  I opened each of the packets and mashed it around with the butter.


I then smeared it over the whole chicken including under the skin.  Kind of like finger painting with both hands which was fun but kinda gross.


I tied the legs together, baked at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then lowered the oven to 350 degrees for another hour.  It came out a lovely golden brown color and was juicy and flavorful.


I ended up eating some for dinner that night and then shredded up the rest to be used for future meals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment