Friday, February 4, 2011

What Does a Dietitian Eat?



Did anyone else participate in the stamps for cookware promotion that Jewel had over the last several months?  I did, and thanks to generous stamp contributions from my mom and her coworkers I was able to collect enough stickers for a roasting rack and grill pan, Yah!!!

Due to recent traveling I had not been home to try them out but last night I finally was able to try one out.  I have a George Foreman grill which had been my primary indoor grill but to be honest it was always a pain to clean.  I figure that a grill pan does the same thing (puts the item slightly higher to allow for fat to drain away) so if it worked out well George F. could soon be permanently replaced.


What to make with my grill pan... One of my new years resolutions is to start "pantry/freezer" cooking more, meaning instead of going to the store to pick up new items I try and use up what I have on hand.  Within my freezer I found promise in a pound of 95% lean hamburger meat, a loaf of frozen bread dough and some shredded cheddar cheese... da da da da, mini sliders!!!   Yes, I could have made a regular sized burger, but these are so much more fun, don't you think? 

Out of the freezer and into the fridge to thaw went my ingredients and off to work for me.

Here is how my day went:

Breakfast:
Soyjoy bar and an orange (Starting to see a pattern?  This is my standard AM meal)

Lunch:
1 cup of instant oatmeal made with soymilk (soymilk adds extra protein to help keep me full longer than making it with just water), 1 grapefruit

Snack:
1 cup cut up carrot sticks

Dinner:
3 mini sliders
1 cup raw broccoli

After dinner treat:
3 Ricotta cookies (also in the freezer from this time Ricotta Cookies )

Mini Sliders:

Start with golf ball size balls of pre-made bread dough:















Let rise until doubled:

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes:

Form 1/2 pound of 95% lean ground beef into three equal patties and grill:















Assemble burgers on slided buns and top with shredded cheddar cheese:

No comments:

Post a Comment