Friday, December 24, 2010

Ricotta Part Two: Gnocchi

Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe

Remember when I made Ricotta (Ricotta Part One)?  Now I am having fun coming up with new ways to use it!

To be honest I expected to try this recipe and have it fail but you will not believe how easy it is and how yummy it tastes!  I adapted the recipe from allrecipes.com, mainly because I ran out of parmesan and only had a little packet from a previous take out order.

1 cup of ricotta
2 eggs
1 tbsp parmesan
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup flour

Mix it all in a bowl.  Divide into six equal parts.  Roll each into 1/2 inch logs and cut into small bite size pieces.  Throw into boiling salted water, cook for about 2-3 minutes, drain and toss with any pasta sauce.  So easy and delicious! 

Using my homemade fat-free ricotta and only a small amount of parmesan makes this a healthy vegetarian dish.  You could even healthify it more by using egg beaters instead of whole eggs and substitute whole wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment