Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipes: Peanut Butter S'more Bars

Did you know that today is international S'more day? 




While it is not Sunday funday I feel that it is only appropriate to talk about one of my favorite summer time treats.  Who can resist a warm and gooey graham sandwich of chocolate and marshmallow? 

Not me, that's for sure.






 
S'more always remind me of summer evenings spent under the stars with friends or family sitting around a campfire and living life.  Whether your S'more making experience is while camping in the woods, hanging out by the lake or simply sitting in someone's back yard it is sure to be a memorable one. 

There is something so magical about the glow of the fire, the stars in the sky and the sounds of nature, now combine all that with a deliciously gooey melty chocolaty treat and you have yourself a perfect evening!

Living in the city unfortunately I have less s'more making opportunity than my suburban dwelling friends.  To compensate I like to bake things with s'more ingredients and try and convince myself that eating them on my balcony or in a park is the same as in front of a camp fire.

My latest creation is a S'more Bar with a peanut butter twist.  You could double this and make it in a 9 x 13" pan, I chose not to do that for fear that I would eat the whole thing!

Peanut Butter S'more Bars:

1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup peanut butter melted
2 cups graham crackers
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 8x8 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.

Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips and all of the marshmallows.  Top with the remaining graham cracker crumble

Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, cool and cut into squares.
Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the top and let cool.




Warning, these are addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment