Monday, July 25, 2011

Izzy is 3!



Izzy celebrated her 3rd birthday a few weeks back!  Well, she probably had no idea that it was her birthday but I did.  This year I decided against getting her new toys, she has way too many already.  Instead I opted for a dog friendly meal complete with a special puppy cake.


Izzy puts up with a lot...

Like when I make her wear a dress to go to a friend's dog's birthday party



Or when I make her go swimming in the lake


And especially when I think its cute to wear matching Illinois shirts


So needless to say she deserves a little celebration on her birthday.  Her first birthday included a bunch of presents.



And a cake with peanut butter frosting



For her second birthday she got a few more presents


and special puppy ice cream on the balcony.



This year I let her eat "people food" for dinner.  I NEVER feed her anything but food and treats made for dogs but her birthday was a special exception.  I cut up raw carrots, paired them with a little grilled steak and added some of her dry food.


For dessert I made this recipe:   http://www.thepoop.com/pooppantry/carrotcakes.asp 



 
Massive Mastiff Munchy Muffins

 
2 carrots
2 3/4 cups water
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. honey
1 1/2 bananas, overripe and pureed
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
 
Shred the carrot with a hand shredder or in a blender. Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl, then add the pureed banana. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside. Combine the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly, leaving no dry mixture on the bottom. Coat a 12 muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fill each muffin hole 3/4 full. Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Yield: 12 muffins

Guess I forgot to take a picture of it...

They turned out great and she loved them! 


If you make them, just be sure to put them into a muffin tin with liners, there is no fat in the recipe so they stick, I learned that the hard way...

No comments:

Post a Comment