Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Quick and Easy Dinner

I recently returned from a two week vacation which means two things, I have become lazy and got used to having my meals prepared for me and I also came home to minimal food in my fridge.



Upon surveying the contents of my fridge and pantry I decided to make a quick and easy Mexican-style lasagna. Preparation took less than 5 minutes and could be made with any pasta that you have on hand.

I started with my favorite little oven safe dishes from the dollar store, they help make perfectly portioned meals! I put a few table spoons of enchilada sauce at the bottom. This was something that I had on hand and figured it would give a nice kick to the baked pasta!


I then added a layer of uncooked noodles. They make no-cook noodles but I have never found this necessary, I just use regular noodles. With the right amount of cook time and sauce the noodles cook perfectly in the dish.


I then layered some ricotta,

And then some pasta sauce,

And then some enchilada sauce.


I repeated this until the dish was filled.

I covered with foil and baked for 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


I would have eaten it just like this.


But I found a packet of Parmesan cheese from a previous pizza delivery night and added it to the top.


Traditional lasagna would also have layers of mozzarella cheese and possibly meat, however that would have required a trip to the store so I stuck with what I had.

This makes a quick and easy meal for one...
Or two...


Or as many as you need!
















No comments:

Post a Comment