Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello!  After 7 months of no posts I am back.  Rather than bore you with the reasons why I haven't blogged lately I am just going to start back in. 

Everyday Nutrition

A lot has gone on since my last post back in July and I am excited to start sharing again! 

One particularly interesting event was my addition of an iPhone last month.  After realising that I was one of the few that still used a regular non-smart phone I took the plunge and immediately became addicted.  While there are a lot of great features and cool things that smart phones do I have to say that one particular app has become my favorite.  As a Dietitian I am always looking for easy ways to help make healthy eating fun and easy.  When I discovered the CalorieCount App I knew I would not be able to resist daily updates.



I love it!  You can use it to help with weight loss but it also is a great tool to help keep track of your daily intake, help you to select healthy food choices and keeps track of your goals.

It is a free app that you can find online or through your phone's app store.  You start by entering your height and weight and it calculates the total number of calories that you need per day.

You then start entering what you eat throughout the day.


You will be AMAZED at how many foods this program has!  And if your brand/food isn't listed you simply use the scan feature and it will enter the information for you.


You can also enter your activity level and your calorie allotment per day goes up.

At the end of the day you can see how you did!  If the calories that you ate exceed your recommended amount you are at risk of gaining weight, if it is less you are on your way to weight loss.  You also get a "grade" for the day, if you made healthy choices you will be rewarded!

Calorie Counter by CalorieCount.com 2.5.2





























I highly recommend checking it out, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment