Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday: Penguin Cupcakes

It is Sunday which means we can take a break from healthy topics! 

Here is a book that I LOVE.  It was loaned to me by a friend and I have had a lot of fun making things from it. 

Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make


I highly recommend looking at your local library for a copy and experimenting with cupcake creativity.  Or you can buy it here:  Hello Cupcake

My brother loves penguins so this past year for his birthday I surprised him with these:





How cute are those?  Even if I do say so myself :)  They really turned out nice. 

I started with  basic cupcake.  Formed the body with a mini donut sitting on a donut hole and frosted with chocolate frosting tinted black.  I used a white candy disk for the white tummy and made the feet, beaks and wings out of colored sugar cookie dough.  The eyes were purchased sugar eyes.  The original Hello Cupcake recipe was slightly different but I wanted to use things that I had around the house.

My cousin helped me and we even experimented a little with alternative penguins.






Definitely a book to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment